Monday, August 15, 2011

Cherry Crisp

My in-laws are here for a couple of days to help with some house projects. For dinner we had, Greek-Style Tilapia, mashed potato cakes, and Green Beans With  Bacon. To show our appreciation, I wanted to make dessert. We all love cherries, so I decided on this easy dessert. I halved and pitted fresh cherries (they were on sale at the store), but you could substitute frozen ones. Surprise: I served the crisp with sweetened whipped cream instead of ice cream. This is definitely a keeper! It would also be good for breakfast. Enjoy!

Cherry Crisp
1 lb. fresh cherries, halved and pitted
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup butter, melted

1. Combine cherries and next 2 ingredients; spoon into a baking dish. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; sprinkle over top of cherry mixture.
2. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until done.

No comments: