Friday, September 11, 2009

Pasta With Bacon, Zucchini, and Tomatoes

I decided to make something with pasta and bacon for dinner tonight, but I wasn't exactly sure what. After finding a couple of recipes on the Food Network Web site, I decided to make a sauce with tomatoes and a little cream. (Cream makes everything better!) A quick trip to the grocery store helped me fine-tune my plan. The dish I came up with came together really quickly and tasted great. I told Andy that it had a nice flavor profile; he replied, "Does that mean it tastes good? Yeah, it does." Success!

Pasta With Bacon, Zucchini, and Tomatoes
8 slices bacon, chopped
2 shallots, cut in half and thinly sliced
2 zucchini, cut into cubes
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 to 3/4 cup cream
1 tsp. herbes de provence
Salt and pepper to taste
Cooked ziti pasta

1. Cook bacon in a Dutch oven until done. Drain and set aside. Discard drippings in Dutch oven. Add shallots and zucchini; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften. Stir in tomatoes and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Stir in cream, herbes de provence, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook until thoroughly heated. Stir in pasta and bacon. Serve immediately with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.

No comments: