Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sweet Potato-Potato Soup

This was an inspired idea I had this week. On Tuesday night we had filet mignon, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Yukon Gold Potatoes, and Onions (I also added a red bell pepper), and steamed broccoli. I made extra of the roasted potatoes and tonight I pureed the potatoes, onions, and bell pepper, and stirred in some chicken stock and milk to make a rich, creamy soup. Andy and I both gave it two thumbs-up! This will be a staple for us this winter. Enjoy!

Sweet Potato-Potato Soup
3 cups Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Yukon Gold Potatoes, Onions, and Red Bell Pepper
2 cups chicken stock
2 cups milk
1/2 cup cream
Salt and pepper to taste
Chopped cooked bacon

1. Combine roasted potato mixture and next 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven. Cook over medium heat until heated. Use an immersion blender to puree mixture until desired consistency. Cook until thoroughly heated. Stir in salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls, and top with bacon.

No comments: