Here's a new take on stuffed tomatoes—it's my new favorite side dish! I cooked Homemade Breadcrumbs in butter with the tomato pulp and fresh herbs—very easy. Enjoy!
Stuffed Plum Tomatoes
8 plum tomatoes, cut in half and pulp removed
Salt and pepper
3 Tbsp. butter
1 cup Homemade Breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
1 garlic clove, minced
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Place tomato shells in a baking dish; drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, melt butter in skillet, and add tomato pulp and next 4 ingredients. Cook until breadcrumbs are softened and mixture is combined.
4. Spoon breadcrumb mixture evenly into tomato shells; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and drizzle with olive oil.
5. Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until tomatoes are softened.