Monday, July 19, 2010

Fried Ravioli

Tonight we had Chicken Parmesan for dinner. Instead of serving it with the usual noodles with marinara, I decided to fry ravioli. My first thought was to simply drop the ravioli in the hot oil. However I decided to look online for a recipe. The ones I found recommended dipping the ravioli in buttermilk and then dredging in Italian breadcrumbs. I tried this technique and ended up with all the breadcrumbs in the bottom of the Dutch oven. For the last batch, I simply dropped the ravioli in the oil sans dredging. This worked beautifully (and is much easier). The outside of the ravioli is crispy and the inside is puffy and soft. Andy and his dad both liked this side dish. I served the ravioli with marinara sauce on the side for dipping. This would be a good appetizer for a party. Enjoy!

Fried Ravioli
1 package frozen ravioli, partially thawed
Peanut or vegetable oil
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese

1. Heat 2 inches of oil in a Dutch oven. Drop ravioli, in batches, into hot oil, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with remaining ravioli. Sprinkle hot ravioli with Parmesan cheese just before serving.

No comments: