This recipe is very popular with my family and friends. (my sister, Mel, prefers to call it “Melanie Brownies.”) A couple of weeks ago, I decided to see if it would work well cooked in muffin pans instead of the standard 13- x 9-inch pan. The recipe itself is super-easy; however I hate cutting the brownies into bars. Inevidently they come out different sizes and it's very messy because of the frosting. Baking them in muffin pans worked great! Because I prefer slightly undercooked brownies, paper liners are a must here, although I normally eschew them. Enjoy!
Cappuccino Brownie Cupcakes
This makes 24 cupcakes.
4 oz. bittersweet, unsweetened, or semisweet chocolate
3/4 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Melt chocolate squares and butter in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 minute and 30 seconds; stir until combined.
2. Stir in sugar. Add in eggs, 1 at a time, stirring until blended after each addition. Gradually stir in flour, vanilla, and chocolate chips. Pour batter into paper-lined muffin cups.
4. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until done.
5. Cool completely, and spread with Cappuccino-Buttercream Frosting.
1 (1.16-oz.) package instant mocha cappuccino mix or 1 heaping Tbsp. mocha cappuccino mix
1/4 cup warm milk
1 cup butter, softened
1 (16-oz.) box powdered sugar
1. Dissolve mocha mix into warm milk.
2. Beat butter and mocha mixture with an electric mixer until blended; gradually add in powdered sugar.