Sunday, March 13, 2011

Cherry-Almond Muffins

This is my latest creation in the quest to create new muffin flavor combinations. Cherries and almonds are a classic combination and almond extract is a personal favorite. The muffins have a cakelike texture and would be great for breakfast or as a not-too-sweet dessert. Enjoy!


Cherry-Almond Muffins
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp. almond extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 (6-oz.) package dried cherries
1 cup sliced almonds

1. Beat butter and next 2 ingredients with mixer until fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, just until blended after each addition. Add in almond extract. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Add in cherries and almonds. Scoop into lightly greased mini muffin pans.
2. Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or until done.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I wish I could be creative like you and create new recipes. These sound like a tasty idea for breakfast. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your muffins up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweets-for-saturday-8.html

Anonymous said...

Sounds great...I look forward to trying them at home.