Sunday, April 8, 2012

Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad

Today we shared lunch with our house church. The menu theme was salads, and I made my version of cobb salad. Salad is not really a recipe—it’s about the components. Here are the ingredients in mine: green leaf lettuce, grilled chicken (sprinkled with Cajun seasoning), chopped tomatoes, chopped avocados, cooked and crumbled bacon, blue cheese, homemade ranch dressing (I use Penzey’s buttermilk ranch seasoning), and chopped boiled eggs. The trick for me was boiling the eggs. See, I don’t eat eggs. I want to like them, but I can’t get past the smell. For the salad, I followed a simple procedure for boiling the eggs, and they came out perfectly (no green around the yolk). Andy kindly peeled and chopped them for me. Sometimes a meal requires teamwork. Enjoy!

Boiled eggs: Place eggs in a saucepan, and cover with 1 inch of cold water. Bring water to a boil; remove from heat, cover, and let eggs stand 10 minutes. Place eggs in a bowl of ice water, and let stand 5 minutes. Peel and chop.

No comments: