Saturday, November 15, 2008

Apple-Cinnamon Pancakes


For breakfast we had yummy apple pancakes. My mom brought me some apples from an orchard near my brother's house a couple of weeks ago. I still had one left, so I thought it would be tasty in pancakes. In the photo, you'll see one of my favorite kitchen tools: my double-burner grill pan. It's great for cooking a lot of chicken at once, grilled sandwiches, and making pancakes. A. gave it to me for Christmas a couple of years ago; it's one of the best gifts ever! We had bacon, of course, with our pancakes.

Apple-Cinnamon Pancakes
Double this recipe to serve 4 to 5 adults.
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 apple, cored and chopped
Maple syrup

1. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients in a bowl. Combine buttermilk and next 3 ingredients. Gradually add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring just until blended. Carefully stir in chopped apple.
2. Use a 1/4-cup measure to place batter on a hot grill pan or skillet. Cook until bubbles cover surface of pancakes; flip and cook until pancakes are done. Serve with warm maple syrup.

No comments: