Thursday, February 26, 2009

Chicken Scaloppine

Tonight's menu came from the February 2009 issue of Southern Living: Chicken Scaloppine, Creamy Cheese Grits, and Roasted Zucchini. Very tasty and very quick to make. The scaloppine recipe called for turkey cutlets, but I couldn't find them at the store. However, I had boneless chicken breasts in the freezer. So I thawed the chicken breasts and then placed them between two sheets of plastic wrap and pounded them until they were flat. (Don't be intimidated! This took maybe a minute to do.) Instead of cooking the grits in water, I used an equal amount of chicken stock. Andy and I agree that we'll only roast zucchini from now on; it was delicious! Definitely try these dishes; dinner was ready in less than 30 minutes. (Cost per serving: $2.40)

No comments: