Tuesday, February 17, 2009

White Chocolate-Macadamia Nut Cookies




For years I have been using the small 1-Tbsp. scoop to make cookies. Recently I've begun using the 3-Tbsp. scoop and have been pleased with the results. I think the larger size gives the cookies a better texture.

White Chocolate-Macadamia Nut Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 (11-oz.) package white chocolate chips (I use Ghiradelli.)
1 package macadamia nut pieces

1. Beat butter and sugars with an electric mixture until creamy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
2. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. Use 3-Tbsp. scoop to place batter on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
3. Bake at 350° for 11 minutes. (I prefer soft cookies; if you like yours crunchier, increase the baking time.)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'll let you know after our scientific taste test.

I'm glad you posted this. You make the best cookies!