Monday, June 29, 2009

Chicken, Corn, and Cherry Tomatoes Over Arugula

A friend of a friend had an abundance of arugula in her CSA (community-supported agriculture) box last week; my friend gave me some and I had to find something to do with it. I was flipping through the July-August issue of Everyday Food and saw a recipe that used all of these ingredients. As is typical for me, I didn't actually read the recipe, I just made it into what I thought it should be. The sweetness of the corn and the brightness of the tomatoes paired nicely with the very peppery arugula.

Chicken, Corn, and Cherry Tomatoes over Arugula
1 lb. chicken cutlets
Salt and pepper to taste
Grill seasoning
4 ears fresh corn
1 tsp. olive oil
1 shallot, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup chicken stock
Arugula

1. Season chicken cutlets with salt, pepper, and grill seasoning. Grill or pan fry for 2 minutes on each side or until done; slice. Cut corn off cobs.
2. Sauté shallot and garlic in hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes. Add in cherry tomatoes and corn; cook for 5 minutes. Add in chicken stock; stir to loosen browned bits on bottom of skillet. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Add in sliced chicken; cook until thoroughly heated.
3. Place arugula on each plate; top with chicken mixture.

No comments: