Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Pasta With Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes

I was looking through The Pioneer Woman's cooking archives this weekend and found this delicious recipe. It sounded like a great option for a busy weeknight, and I wasn't disappointed. On Saturday I went to my local farm market for the first time and came home with $42 worth of fresh produce. There are few things better than the South's glorious summer produce! This dish does have cream in it (only 3/4 cup divided among six servings), but it tastes deceptively light (like Lemon Chicken Pasta; for comparison, this has 2 cups of cream). You can follow The Pioneer Woman's method but I thought it would be helpful to include the ingredients list. (By the way, because tinkering with recipes is my hobby, I planning to add some bacon to this dish next time.) You'll love this, I promise!

Pasta With Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes
2 zucchini, cut into cubes
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup white wine
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour (I used this instead of Arrowroot and just sprinkled it in the pan with the cherry tomatoes.)
3/4 cup cream
Parmesan cheese

No comments: