Monday, April 5, 2010

Stromboli

It's been years since I've made this easy dish. In fact, I don't think we've had it once in the eight years we've lived in this house. (Think of it as a calzone shaped like a tube!) When we first got married, I made it all the time. It's super simple! Originally, I made Stromboli with frozen French bread dough. However tonight I used Publix pizza dough. This worked better and wasn't as thick as the bread dough. You can layer the dough with any combination of meat/cheese/spread. Tonight we had turkey/provolone/sun-dried tomato pesto. Enjoy!

Stromboli
1 round pizza dough, rolled out
Sun-dried tomato pesto
10 slices smoked deli turkey
5 sliced provolone cheese

1. Spread pesto on pizza dough. On one side, layer cheese along outer long edge of dough. Top with turkey slices. Starting with side of dough with meat and cheeese, roll up dough. Pinch ends to seal. Place on a baking sheet.
2. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until done.

No comments: