Monday, September 22, 2008

California BLT


Tonight A is in H'ville visiting his parents and doing some projects with them. After I did the grocery shopping, I made a yummy sandwich for dinner. —PHH

California BLT
2 slices white bread, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
Mayonnaise
Bibb lettuce leaves
Avocado slices, tossed with lemon juice
Tomato slices
3 bacon slices, cooked
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Lightly toast bread slices; spread lightly with mayonnaise. Place lettuce leaf on bread; top with avocado slices. Place bacon slices on avocado; top with tomato slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Top with second bread slice.

2 comments:

Jen B. said...

I knew it, I just knew it!!! You and I are kindred spirits (is that Biblical????). BLTs are my FAVORITE sandwich in the Whole Wide World and I am a LOVER of the avacado!!! So super yummy to mix the two!!! I can't wait to try this...I think it'll be tomorrow for lunch!!! Thanks cutie Paula!

Karen said...

YUM!! One of my favorite kinds of sandwich! I am the only one around here who like avocado! Now that my mouth is watering.... I know what I am having for lunch!!