Sunday, September 7, 2008

Slow-Cooker Green Beans


We eat dinner with A's cousin, his wife, and their children, who we call the 3 Cs, on most Sunday nights. This tradition has been continuing for at least 10 years. It's a great time for us to catch up on what's going on in their lives. We live in the same town, but run in different directions. Usually we go out to eat, but tonight they came over because I wanted to try a new recipe. We had Italian Jambalaya. (This will be in Southern Living, November 2008.) It was a crowd-pleaser! After serving seven tonight, I had enough to freeze two more meals for later. I served it with slow-cooker green beans (this recipe came from my friend Jill). —PHH

Slow-Cooker Green Beans
2 bags frozen green beans
5 bacon slices, chopped
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

1. Combine all ingredients in a slow-cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.

6 comments:

4 Stepping Stones said...

Hi Paula!

I can't believe I found your blog! I saw your comment on Boomama's blog, and wondered if it was you!
Just wanted to say Hi!
I will have to come back and look at your yummy recipes!
Please tell A hello for us!

Karen

Leah said...

These green beans sound like such a great make-ahead side for when people are coming over for dinner. The main dish usually is so time-consuming for me that sides are usually an afterthought. I'm anxious to try them out.

Unknown said...

I came over from Sallie's blog! I love food (hee hee). Thanks for having me.

Just Us Chix said...

I just love you so much! I'm so glad to call you my friend. ~A

Jen B. said...

I want to be a cousin! I'll eat all my veggies too...esp. if they're made with yummy brown sugar!

Kim said...

My maw maw made green beans similar to these every Christmas. Now I have the honor. I am anxious to try these!