Monday, February 22, 2010

Braised London Broil

I had never bought this cut of beef before, but it was on sale at Publix, so I thought we'd try it. This cut reminds me of flank steak and I considered grilling it. However after the super-tender braised short ribs we had on Saturday, I thought that technique would also work for London broil. After braising the meat in hoisin sauce, I served the meat with au jus, roasted vegetables, and steamed broccoli. Enjoy!

Braised London Broil
1 London broil
Montreal steak seasoning
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
1 Tbsp. dark sesame oil
2 to 3 cups beef broth

1. Sprinkle meat with steak seasoning on both sides. Brown meat in Dutch oven on both sides. Remove from heat; add soy sauce and next 2 ingredients to Dutch oven with meat. Pour in beef broth until meat is just covered.
2. Bake at 325° for 2 hours. Remove meat from marinade, and slice into 1/2-inch-thick slices.

No comments: