Monday, March 8, 2010

Pecan-Crusted Tilapia

Andy's dad was here tonight for dinner. I decided to serve fish as a contrast to all the Krystal hamburgers the two of them eat fo lunch when they are working. We have this fish a lot, but I think this technique is my favorite for oven-frying; this is my other favorite way to eat tilapia. Instead of dipping the fish in a liquid, I spread Dijon mustard on both sides to help the coating stick. The sides were Parmesan cheese grits and steamed green beans. I topped the fish with homemade Tartar Sauce. Both Andy and his dad really liked our dinner. Enjoy!

Pecan-Crusted Tilapia
1 lb. tilapia fillets
Salt and pepper
Dijon mustard
1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
Parchment paper

1. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper on both sides. Spread mustard on both sides of fish. In a shallow dish, combine panko and pecans. Place fish in panko mixture, pressing to adhere coating on both sides. Place fish on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
2. Bake at 350° for 17 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Increase oven temperature to broil, and cook 3 additional minutes or until fish is golden.

No comments: