Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Potato-Crusted Salmon

Often we have fish on the days I go to the grocery store and today was no exception. I decided to use my mandolin (if you don't have one, you can use a knife) to thinly slice a potato to cover the salmon like I saw on an episode of Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives recently. Andy was a little wary of the salmon—he doesn't like fish that's too fishy. However, he liked this dish and said that we can have it again. I served the salmon with my super-simple rĂ©moulade sauce and steamed broccoli. The best part: Dinner was ready in less than 30 minutes. Enjoy!

Potato-Crusted Salmon
2 salmon fillets
1 Yukon Gold potato, thinly sliced
Coarse-grain Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
1 Tbsp. olive oil

1. Place salmon fillets skin side down on work surface. Spread top of fillet with mustard; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Layer potato slices over mustard. Cook fillets, skin sides down, in hot oil in skillet 5 minutes. Use a fork to remove skin, and discard. Turn and cook 5 more minutes or until potato slices begin to brown.
2. Transfer skillet to oven, and bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until salmon is opaque and flakes with a fork.

No comments: