Sunday, December 21, 2008

Baby Blue Salad


I've mentioned this salad before, but I wanted to remind you about it. It's great to serve company or for a weeknight supper. The recipe is available on myrecipes.com. When I make it, I use a mixture of romaine and Boston lettuces and baby spinach instead of the spring mix it calls for. I also usually substitute canned mandarin oranges, drained, for the sectioned oranges. The pecans are a tasty snack, so I often make a double batch. For a cool summer meal, the salad tastes great topped with grilled chicken. When I serve it to groups, I keep all the components separate because some folks don't care for blue cheese. The balsamic vinaigrette is the best one I've ever made. I usually keep a jar of it in the fridge during the summer because we eat salad so much.

2 comments:

Robin said...

I love this salad and forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder.

Karen said...

Yes, this is wonderful! Thanks for sharing it! It has become a favorite of mine.