Saturday, December 20, 2008

Crème de Menthe Cake


Sorry, posting on my blog has taken a back seat to Christmas festivities and our family trip to Disney. I'm in the airport now on the way home, so I'm going to back-post some recipes from the week before Christmas. This cake is a favorite of my friend Sallie; I make it for her birthday each year. The credit for the recipe goes to my dear friend Kristin's mom, Dee. It is super easy and tastes like the holidays to me. Enjoy!

Crème de Menthe Cake
1 box white cake mix
1/2 cup crème de menthe, divided (You can use green or clear. If I use clear, I put a drop of green food coloring in the whipping cream mixture.)
1 jar hot fudge sauce (ice-cream topping)
1 pint whipping cream
1/4 cup sugar

1. Prepare cake mix according to package directions, adding 1/4 cup crème de menthe to the batter. Bake in a 13- x 9-inch pan. Cool completely.
2. Microwave hot fudge sauce in jar in microwave at HIGH for 30 to 40 seconds. Pour hot fudge over top of cooled cake, and spread in an even layer.
3. Beat whipping cream with an electric mixer, gradually adding sugar and remaining 1/4 cup crème de menthe. Beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over top of cake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments: