Friday, December 5, 2008

Spinach-Artichoke Dip


This appetizer is one that we used to eat a lot about five years ago, but we haven't had it in a long time. I decided to make it to take to my grannie's for our family Thanksgiving dinner and then for a Christmas card-addressing party (Such a fun idea! Thanks, L!) that I went to last night. I served it with pita chips; bagel chips and tortilla chips also taste great!

Spinach-Artichoke Dip
I almost always grate my own cheese, but this dip works just as well with preshredded cheese.
2 small jars artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 box frozen spinach, thawed, rinsed, and thoroughly drained (This gets out the bitterness that frozen spinach often has.)
1 (8-oz.) box cream cheese
1 (8-oz.) bag shredded Italian cheese blend
1 tsp. minced garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
1 (4-oz.) bag shredded mozzarella cheese

1. Combine artichoke hearts, spinach, and cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Stir in shredded Italian cheese, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Spread into a baking dish. (I use a 9-inch pie plate.) Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
2. Bake at 350° for 20 to 30 minutes or until cheese melts and dip is thoroughly warm.

1 comment:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

One of my favorites.... blog hopping tonight.

Hope you will stop by and visit my new Christmas blog.
There is a great giveaway this week.
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com