Sunday, April 5, 2009

Caramel-Macadamia Nut Pull-Apart Bread

When we travel with Bob and Kris, our pattern is to cook breakfast, eat a light lunch, and then go out for a nice dinner. (Food is a top priority for us!) This morning I had originally planned to make cinnamon rolls from frozen biscuits, but they don't have frozen biscuits in Hawaii. So I was going to try the same recipe with refrigerated biscuits. However, I was afraid that after rolling them out, they might not rise. So I punted and came up with this variation on a decadent bread. Most recipes call for three cans of refrigerated biscuits and are made in a Bundt pan. Our condo didn't have one and I only had one can of biscuits, so I used a loaf pan. It was just the right size for four hungry adults.

Caramel-Macadamia Nut Pull-Apart Bread
1 can homestyle biscuits (I used Grands Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits.)
Brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
5 oz. macadamia nuts, chopped (I used toffee-coated nuts, but plain would work equally well.)
1 tsp. cinnamon

1. Cut biscuits into quarters. Sprinkle brown sugar on the bottom of a lightly greased loaf pan; top with 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, half of nuts, and half of biscuit pieces. Pour half of butter over biscuits. Repeat layers once.
2. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until biscuits are done. Invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Fran and I would like some! Opps, I guess Fran wouldn't she is already asleep.

Maureen Hughes said...

Unlike Fran, I will get up to try this one! Next time we visit?