Saturday, April 18, 2009

Honey Chicken Salad

Our niece Anna Claire's birthday party was this afternoon at the park around the corner from our house. My aunt and grandmother came in town to celebrate, so I had our family over for lunch before the festivities. This has been a crazy week at work, so I haven't had a lot of time for cooking; so whatever I served had to be super-simple. (Full disclosure: Since we returned from vacation on Sunday, I haven't been to the grocery store. I finally went this morning.) Anyway, for lunch we had Honey Chicken Salad and Grilled Potato Salad. My mom brought fruit and Mel brought cheese curls. It's been a while since I've made this chicken salad, which ran in SL about three years ago. It is outstanding! The combination of mayo and honey is just right; the honey keeps the salad from tasting too mayonnaise-y like it sometimes can. The only thing I did differently is that I used sliced almonds instead of pecans.

No comments: