Monday, August 3, 2009

No-Cook Peach Ice Cream

Several years ago, we bought a countertop ice-cream maker by Cuisanart. This is a terrific appliance because it's so easy to use (no ice or rock salt), the ice cream freezes in about 30 minutes, and it only makes about 1 1/2 quarts. I love homemade ice cream, but sometimes I don't want to cook the custard base. For just such a time, this no-cook version, which doesn't have any eggs, is the best way to go. I've made so many fresh peach recipes this summer, and this one is a keeper for sure. Thanks for all the Chilton County peaches, J!

No-Cook Peach Ice Cream
5 oz. evaporated milk
1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups whole milk (I used 1 cup whipping cream and 1 cup skim milk because that's what I had on hand.)
2 cups chopped fresh peaches

1. Combine evaporated milk and remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl. Chill mixture 30 minutes. Pour into an ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Scoop into a bowl, cover with lid, and freeze for at least 30 minutes before serving.

2 comments:

The Raymers. said...

Made this for church and it was delicious (or so I heard, I never actually got any!) Thanks for the recipe.

Leah said...

I made it too. I think that next time I'll mash the peaches with the immersion blender. I didn't like biting in the frozen peach chunks. Other than that it was delicious.