Thursday, January 1, 2009

Buckeye Bars

My sister, Mel, made these delicious bars for several holiday parties, and they have been a hit! I asked her to share the recipe with me for the blog. She says they are very simple to prepare. (Much easier than dipping individual Buckeye Balls!) The chocolate/peanut butter ratio is just right.

Buckeye Bars
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup peanut butter
22 vanilla wafers, crushed (3/4 cups crushed wafers)
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 (8-oz.) container whipped topping (do not thaw)
3 squares semisweet chocolate

1. Line an 8-inch square pan with foil, allowing ends to extend over sides of pan. Beat butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer until blended. Add in vanilla wafer crumbs; mix well. Gradually add sugar, beating well after each addition. Press mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
2. Microwave frozen whipped topping and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl on HIGH 1 minute; stir. Microwave 15 to 30 more seconds or until chocolate is melted; stir to combine. Pour chocolate mixture over peanut butter mixture; spread evenly to cover.
3. Refrigerate 2 hours. Use foil to remove mixture from pan before cutting.

3 comments:

Katie B said...

Oh, yeah. These sound AWESOME.

Andrea said...

I hope you'll tell Mel that I loved these, too! I LOVE chocolate & PB!

Katie B said...

I made these on Saturday, and they were everything I hoped they would be. Delicious, and very easy.