Friday, January 23, 2009

Noodles With Peanut Sauce

Pork Dumplings have become the meal of choice for our family birthday dinners. I have served Sesame Noodles with the dumplings several times, but I haven't been 100% happy with the different recipes. Peanut sauce is a favorite of mine, and I have tried numerous recipes over the years, but none have had just the right balance of peanut butter, ginger, and salty soy sauce as my favorite peanut sauce at a local Thai restaurant. For my brother-in-law's birthday, I combined a couple of recipes and think I found the right taste. Instead of sesame noodles, I tossed the pasta with the peanut sauce. Andy, who thinks peanut butter is just for sandwiches, also really liked this dish.

Peanutty Noodles
1 (16-oz.) package whole wheat spaghetti
3 carrots, sliced
2 broccoli crowns, cut into florets
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
Juice from 3 limes
3 Tbsp. vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar, but rice vinegar would work very well.)
3 Tbsp. lite soy sauce
3 Tbsp. honey
2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
1 green onion, chopped
1 Tbsp. sesame oil

1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Add carrots to spaghetti halfway through cooking time. Add broccoli for the last minute of cooking time. Drain and place in a serving bowl.
2. Combine peanut butter and next 4 ingredients until blended in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir in ginger and next 3 ingredients. Microwave peanut sauce at HIGH 1 minute or until warm. Toss with pasta and vegetables.

No comments: