Thursday, January 29, 2009

Calzones


This morning I put a bag of Bolognese Sauce in the fridge to thaw for dinner. However, as I was walking out the door, I had a revelation that I could use some of the pizza dough I had in the freezer to make calzones instead of serving the sauce over pasta. By the way, I'm calling the shape of my calzones "rustic." I served them with oven-roasted potatoes. A nice change of pace!

Calzones
1 pizza dough round, cut in half
Warm Bolognese Sauce
Provolone cheese slices

1. Shape dough halves into rounds. Using a slotted spoon, scoop Bolognese Sauce on one side of dough. Top with 2 Provolone cheese slices. Scoop out more Bolognese Sauce; top with 2 more cheese slices. Fold dough over filling; crimp edges to seal. Repeat with other dough round. Place calzones on a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
2. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until golden.

No comments: