Thursday, January 1, 2009

Chicken Parmesan and Spaghetti With Olives and Breadcrumbs



On Tuesday I watched an episode of Everyday Italian where Giada made a quick-and-easy olive pasta dish. I was intrigued. Salty olives and pasta sounded tasty. I wasn't sure if Andy would like it as a main dish, so tonight I paired it with Chicken Parmesan. The combination worked very well!

Spaghetti With Olives and Breadcrumbs
1 (16-oz.) package multigrain spaghetti
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2/3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
3/4 cup pitted large green olives, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup cooking water; drain.
2. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add the breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper. Cook the breadcrumbs, stirring constantly, about 2 minues or until breadcrumbs are golden brown.
3. Stir the pasta into the breadcrumbs mixture. Remove pan from heat. Stir in olives, Parmesan cheese, and parsley. Gently toss to coat, adding 1 cup of reserved pasta water.

1 comment:

Jen B. said...

Oh my word...does it taste like capers in a light sauce? It sounds so yummy!!! This is my first "after my diet" meal...i'm already looking forward to it! YUMMY!!!