Monday, January 5, 2009

Mini Hamburgers


When I did my meal planning last Monday, I thought it would be fun to make mini hamburgers and use dinner rolls instead of buns. Since I bought the ingredients, I've seen an infomercial with Billy Mays advertising the super slider pan. The infomercial calls mini burgers "the taste sensation that's sweeping the nation." Apparently I am trendy. Making small hamburgers is sure to appeal to children. I really like Whole Foods' hamburger buns; tonight I used dinner rolls that are also from Whole Foods. Very quick and easy for a busy weeknight! I served the mini burgers with oven-baked french fries.

8 comments:

Robin said...

good idea. How many burgers did you get out of a pound of hamburger?

they had that Billy Mays pan at the local "As seen on tv" store in our mall. Looked like one of those pans you would use once and then put in an out of reach cupboard and forget about.

Robin said...

I hope you didn't buy one

Phh said...

No, I didn't buy one. Andy loves to watch infomercials but never buy the products. The mystique would be gone.:) I got 6 burgers out of about a half-pound of meat.

Robin said...

wow. they realy are small. gonna have to try these this weekend.

Leah said...

I'll have to try the Whole Foods buns. In New York, I used the mini potato rolls for sliders. I haven't seen potato rolls here. I love making them kind of like Krystals, with onion, cheese and mustard.

Karen said...

We've seen that infomercial too! I've got sliders on my menu for this week. I wasn't sure what to use for the little buns... duh... rolls, what a great thought! Thanks!

Jen B. said...

Always on the cutting edge of food! I love you and your yummy sliders! Let's Eat!!!

Andrea said...

I saw a whole news story on ABC News Nightline this week that says The Burger is the "IT" food. All the fancy resturants are adding them to the menu. They're even using their black-label select steaks to make black-label burgers. You got it right, Jen,cutting edge!

BTW, Lane and Andy should get together for an infomercial marathon. I'm always being told that we HAVE to buy one of these whatcha-ma-doodles!