Monday, March 9, 2009

Creamy Chicken and Noodles

I originally posted this recipe back in January, but I have made it several times since then and have come up with the right combination of ingredients. (The original is no longer on the blog.) This recipe is super-simple and yummy. If you need a dish to take a sick friend or a potluck, this is a good option. It's just-right comfort food! Cost per serving: $1.50 (Note: The pictured recipe doesn't have broccoli in it, but I highly recommend adding it.)

Creamy Chicken and Noodles
1 (12- or 16-oz.) package egg noodles (I've used both sizes with the same amount of other ingredients.)
4 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 (0.7-oz.) envelope Italian dressing mix
3 cups whipping cream
1 (10-oz.) bag frozen broccoli florets
1 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese

1. Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain and return to pot. Stir in chicken, next 4 ingredients, and, if desired, salt. Stir in 1/2 cup or so Parmesan cheese. (If you are taking this to someone, pour into a large bowl and refrigerate.) Pour mixture into a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
2. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

2 comments:

Katie B said...

This has become one of my go-to recipes. Tonight I added some crumbed bacon on top. What can I say? You inspire me.

Phh said...

Great idea! Everything's better with bacon!