Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fried Frog Legs

Yep, you read that correctly. It's Tuesday night, so that means my father-in-law is in town. This past weekend he helped cook for a wild game dinner at his church. (Sounds very manly, doesn't it?) One of the hors d'oeuvres: fried frog legs. There were some of the hopping amphibians' legs left over, so my f-o-l decided to bring them for us to have tonight. I dutifully fried them (I am happy to say none of them "jumped" in the pot) and then served them to the boys. My f-o-l really likes them. Andy tried one, declared that it tasted like fish but had the texture of chicken, and that one was plenty. Surprisingly I found Andy's description less than appetizing, so I declined and ate leftover pizza instead.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

You're a better woman than me and that is all I'm saying. You would have been proud of my salad tonight- spring mix w/Goat cheese, pine nuts, bananas, and strawberries with homeade raspberry vinaigrette. It was supposed to be for you and A, but I have enjoyed eating it all week!!

Phh said...

That sounds delicious!

Katie B said...

I'm speechless.

melanie said...

That's gross! No way I would have cooked them.

Stephanie said...

Were they just legs when you got them? Or no?

I actually like them. A lot. But I'm a little bit weird.

Okay. A lot weird.